Monday, March 31, 2008

A winning combination!

So, have you ever gone all-out and made the best meal you possibly could? A few days ago I did, and the presentation was definitely well-received!

Here's the menu:
Bacon-wrapped, peppered filet mignon. Yup, this is off to a good start, I know!
Steamed asparagus with bleu cheese and balsamic vinegar
Tender white potatoes, mashed with heavy cream and a dash of salt mixed-in
One bottle of Martinelli's orange-cranberry sparkling cider

Follow that wit about an hour to let the food settle, then finish it off with a desert of fresh strawberries dipped in dark chocolate and chilled.

Wow! That's the response you'll get, guaranteed. My fiancée was gone all day shopping and planning wedding-related things with her best friend and my mom. I had my mom call me when she finished so I could start the meal in time. To say the least, things went well and I felt great! Try it for yourself sometime. If anyone wants to know my filet mignon recipe, which I invented, just ask!

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Sounds great!! Your future wife is a lucky girl if you keep cooking like that.